Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day 1: Getting started

Over the last several months, I've been looking for python programming resources that are suitable to new programmers. From what I've seen, relatively few options exist. In the process, I've purchased books, considered online courses, and scoured tons of short "one off" articles on how to program.

While I was hoping for a single source or course, I've ended up with a scattered range of resources, videos, and tutorials. We'll move through them at a "1 hours a day" rate.

First resource:

Python video tutorials. We'll spend time over the next several weeks on this resource, taking on about 3 videos per day.

PythonLearn will become an increasingly useful resource once we've finished the basic tutorials.

We'll pick resources from here periodically.

The Absolute Beginner's guide to python programming wil be a useful and ongoing resource.

We'll use other resources once we have formed a bit of a foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment